Friday, April 9, 2010

Haircuts, Brain and fishing for words ...

Just finished getting my hair cut and now I am waiting for Deb to be done. She got brave and is getting it cut really short. I think it'll look great on her :-)- It does by the way ... :-)
We are having a beautiful week with our weather here in Gernsbach, makes it really hard to have to sit inside at a desk all day. It sure has been quite a change from working in the restaurant business and being on our feet all day to sitting in front of a computer most of the day. But at least I am enjoying my job. I have learned a lot so far, from better understanding what we do at the company, working with lots of new software to getting used to the way the business world functions in Germany. It certainly took me a while to get used to the more formal approach between people in general and colleagues at work. I still find myself fishing for the right word more often than I would like and the weirdest thing (Deb thinks it's probably the funniest thing ...) is that when I am in the middle of a longer conversation or the opposite when I am very relaxed, I respond to a question in English and get usually greeted with a somewhat blank stare. Sometimes I even ask myself "did I just say that in English or in German?". The brain is an amazing concept. :-) I wonder what God thought about when he designed it ....

No comments:

Post a Comment